SaturdaysonCNN INTERNATIONAL630, 1030, 1430 GMT730, 1130, 1530 CET
May 23rd, 2011

Doomsday Predictions: Harold Camping's fringe teachings

Followers of a fringe Christian group led by the preacher Harold Camping believed the world was going to end on May 21st.  CNN rode along with a group of "doomsdayers" as they toured the U.S. spreading their message. To read more about this story from Jessica Ravitz, check out the Belief Blog at CNN.com/Belief .

Filed under: backstory • Interviews • Religion
  1. xavier garcia

Camping you are THE ULTIMATE TERRORIST ! comom people don't you look at those poor islamic countrys don't you blame them for terror acts we have the finest terrorist on planet earth right here in our own home land completelly legal and completelly institutionalized what else we can ask for !

May 23, 2011 at 6:29 am | Report abuse |
  2. Gaunt

So now that he was wrong, what are the chances that Camping and his collection of con artists will return the millions of dollars in onations they have recieved? According to the IRS Family Radio is worth over 72$ dollars now, based almost entirely upon donations, and they have a portfolio of over $30 million dollars in LONG TERM bonds and stocks. Think about that for a second.

They knew the world would never end, they used it as an excuse to rake in tens of millions of dollars in donations. This man and his entire organisation should be in jail for massive fraud.

May 23, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Prima

Holy cow! I can't beielve that's legal. I'm going have to talk my daughter tomorrow to see what happends to bad kids at school.

February 26, 2012 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  3. bob

It's time to start pressing charges for fraud against failed doomsday sayers.

May 23, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Seb

Being wrong(and stupid) is not the same as fraudulent

May 23, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. trevor

Harold camping needs to be held accountable for this disgusting abuse of power. This is not the first time he has done this end of the world BS (i remember billboards in 1995 – he pulled the same exact scam... how is it possible that no one reports this????!!!!) and it makes me sick to see people ruin their families lives because they got fooled by this insane corrupt preacher. He has several million dollars so he can afford to be wrong, but the people who follow his crackpot teachings ar left hanging when they find out its all a scam. I hope and pray that someone starts a class action suit against camping and ruins him financially so he cannot perpetrate this nonsense again.

May 23, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Putri

where can I find info on bcmoeing a social worker, I live in Co Durham, England, Where could I train? Please help me

February 26, 2012 at 5:20 am | Report abuse |
      • Shirish

Actually the thing that scares me most is that the State of Nevada tnhiks it's just fine for me to drive without my glasses! I only took them off before the vision test on a lark.

May 12, 2012 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
  5. Ed

What I find interesting is that the day after the May 21 failure, Family Radio had a new web site design up.. Web site designs usually take longer than a day, and this was on a Sunday, which is even more rare. Given that Harold said there was no use talking about what might they would do after May 21 (since the events that were to occur), it seems odd how someone got the direction for new work after a time, based on his own comments of zero planning for any future. What seems more likely was that the effort had started some time before May 21 and Harold’s comments are just one more untruth.

May 23, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Cory Miyasaka

HeHe Twitter has got to be outperforming other social sites

July 16, 2011 at 2:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Ving

Articles like this really grease the shafts of kwnlodege.

August 18, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Zlatomira

Добро пожаловать на форум "Оккультный мир России"!

* Здесь вы можете общаться на любые темы оккультного характера;
    * Обрести полезные знакомства с коллегами по оккультным наукам;
    * Любой человек может обратиться за помощью к специалисту в магии, колдовстве, ясновидении и других направлениях;
    * Поделиться опытом и знаниями в своем направлении;
    * Обучиться ясновидению, толкованию снов, составлению гороскопов;
    * Обучиться гаданию на картах;
    * Обучиться практической магии и практическому колдовству и узнать много другого итересного;

Приятного общения и работы на форуме!

January 26, 2012 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  8. Marcinho

You know, this doesn't spisrrue me. If I had to take care of either one of my elderly parents well, there's a lot of baggage there, even now. You hit your kids when they're weaker than you are, you run the risk of being hit when you're the weaker one. It's what you've taught them, you see. I've worked a lifetime to overcome the urge to lash out; having to take care of either of them now would undo all of that. I feel deep sympathy for anyone who is stuck in that position.

February 26, 2012 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  9. srilanka news

Fantastic goods from you, man. I have consider your stuff prior to and you're just too excellent. I really like what you've received here, certainly like what you are stating and the way during which you are saying it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to stay it smart. I can't wait to learn far more from you. This is actually a terrific site.

April 27, 2012 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  10. Jennifer R. Chavez

To find the greatest bang for your buck it's extremely recommended to buy your footwear through sanctioned sellers. Jennifer R. Chavez

August 4, 2012 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  11. orercremo

лучший блог месяца июнь павел покаер

правила раздача покера

Одна из самых популярных карточных игр не только у нас, но и заграницей – это, без сомнения, покер. Эта игра очень давно привлекла сердца множества любителей щекочущих нервы игр. Разнообразные варианты этой игры, в отличие от всех других интеллектуальных игр сочетают в себе, как удачу, так и практические навыки. Сегодня любой, позволяющий себе доступ в Internet представитель человечества может играть в покер. С молниеносной скоростью возрастает его популярность и среди наших соотечественников. Мой блог познакомит вас с азами этой интересной игры, а также её видами и разнообразными стратегиями игры. Блог игрока в покер написан для тех, кто обожает играть в покер или хочет этому обучиться. Здесь вы можете просмотреть оригинальные заметки, которые повествуют об истории создания и распространения игры, FAQ для новичков, стратегии игр и даже статьи по психологии игрока, которые не просто откроют для вас много увлекательного, но и позволят очень увеличить количество выигранных партий. Блог игрока в покер – это первый шаг на пути к большой игре!

балуги скачать

хочу научится грать в покер

August 15, 2012 at 3:28 am | Report abuse |
  12. hardware

I cherished up to you'll receive performed right here. The caricature is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish. nevertheless, you command get got an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following. in poor health certainly come more beforehand once more as precisely the similar nearly a lot ceaselessly within case you protect this increase.

April 28, 2013 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Новости и обзоры

I'm no longer sure the place you're getting your info, but great topic. I needs to spend a while finding out much more or working out more. Thank you for wonderful info I was looking for this info for my mission.

April 28, 2013 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |