SaturdaysonCNN INTERNATIONAL630, 1030, 1430 GMT730, 1130, 1530 CET
July 5th, 2011

Embedded with U.S. Troops in Afghanistan

A team, along with journalist Nick Paton Walsh, embedded with U.S. troops at Combat Outpost Pirtle – King in Afghanistan. You'll see what day to day life is like for these soldiers fighting a war, but you'll also see what it's like to face the ultimate adrenaline rush as they encounter deadly gunfire.

While the CNN team was there covering fighting from the side of the troops, they came perilously close to bullets raining down upon their camp.

Post by:
Filed under: backstory
  1. lawal umar Fago

Let them go and rest after the massacre,target achieved

July 5, 2011 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
    • kolade

yeah Umar but i don't think with my fingers,they do the writing only.if you can call this call it massacre,then the sucide bombings could be justice in your books.

July 5, 2011 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
      • Roseanna

You've really captured all the esseantils in this subject area, haven't you?

September 29, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
        • Kilian

He Thomas and Marni,Translating messages to direffent levels of consciousness" and "meeting clients were they are at"This is soo important. I really notice it in my work aswell. If you want to know more about this, I recommend Ken Wilber's work and for example Spiral Dynamics. There models deal with consciousness development. These books are more generally about development. More appied to business and personal leadershipFrom our speaker list, Bill Torber, Bill Joiner and Susanne cook greuter, really do work where they measure the development or explain how direffently developed people have direffent "action logics"I recommend "Leadership agility" from bill joiner and "action inquiry" from bill torbert. Awesome to have you engaged,Jeroen

March 26, 2012 at 4:01 am | Report abuse |
          • Sravanthi

i mean the comment was siegnd by christel and i didn't bother changing it at first. So she probably received an e-mail on something she had nothing to do with. actually, i don't even know who christel is anyway, will surely be keeping up with your blog!

May 9, 2012 at 4:03 am | Report abuse |
      • mbffql

7DASFZ sblzcxkwklpw

September 29, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
      • peahimzrbhs

fDkTJ0 ajlmscoxqcpv

October 3, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
        • Noman

Yep. Oh, and the really sick ones don't want to boehtr you because you have really sick people to take care of. Blog post coming up.

May 9, 2012 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
      • Alex

Good point, but I disagree with the fotnoote suggestion, having an autoresponse to reply to the auto-responders is playing with fire, you can easily create an infinite loop, and it's sometimes very hard to detect it before it's too late.To save myself from the headache I usually open a specialized contact address just for this, and then redirect it to the main contact e-mail, which allows me to easily filter those emails from the direct contact messages.

August 27, 2012 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Luis

ang cheeeeeeeesy! hehe..pero kididng aside, this is soooooooooooooooooooo SWEET!you're one damn lucky guy, este, gay? haha..i hope i'd find the one for me rin and have something beyond hormones, beyond physiology (my subject actually this sem) and beyond science Congrats yoshke.I am so happy for you!^-^

August 27, 2012 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  2. Joseph

war is a conviction of Humanity

July 5, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Hendra

on the matter is that what we see anroud us is the product of Mind rather than chance. Period. Whose mind, now, that's another question entirely. For all ID can tell you, it could be the evangelical or the Jewish God, the Mormon God, the Muslim Allah, the Gnostic Demiurge, or the Lords of Kobol. ID will not teach the Torah, the Five Pillars of Islam, or the Christian gospel. They simply are not part of its procedures nor of its outcomes. And thus ID fits well with your desire to leave the definition to the individual.Biblical creationism, on the other hand, is all about theology. The three organizations you've cited don't focus on ID; if they make use of it, they do so as a means of advancing their principal purpose, the spreading of Christianity. They're not opposed to the ID movement (indeed, at the conference I attended, Duane Gish of ICR stood up to cheer on the ID researchers), but their final focus is on the Christian scriptures and the biblical creation story. I don't know whether Reasons to Believe considers itself a creationist group, since it disagrees markedly with AIG and ICR on the age of the earth, the age of the universe, and the duration of their origins. Nonetheless, like the other two groups and unlike ID, it focuses on faith faith in the biblical text.And that's how you can tell the two movements apart: ID begins with the data; creationism begins with the text.If the data support the text, then so much the better, which is why these organizations use them and refer to ID. But for creationists, talking about Intelligent Design is only the means to an end, not the end itself. Their Designer has a name. The Designer(s) of the ID movement doesn't.Well, so far the data haven't suggested it yet.

May 9, 2012 at 6:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Goga

AMEN. I almost didn't post all weneekd because I was afraid that people would think I was pro-child abuse becasue I'm anti-changing my profile pic. Last year, I actually lost a friendship that started with a disagreement about cause-related marketing, and how a chain bookstore's holiday campaign did more to improve the bottom line of the chain bookstore than to actually help anyone in the community.PS Although it's too bad about the friendship, I'm still right about that.

August 28, 2012 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
  3. flidgibrorpob

Complex Post. This post helped me in my college assignment. Thnaks Alot

July 6, 2011 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lucy

Wow, that's a rlaely funny story! I wonder if consumerist will post it. I agree with the tech, though, you do have a very nice website here.

February 24, 2012 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Miriam

Posted on It has always been my beleif that good writing like this takes research and talent. It's very apparent you have done your homework. Great job!

May 9, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
      • Aditya

illustriouschin on April 14, 2011 I have Dish Network and I am not able to view any HD content beasuce my standard definition Dish DVR is not even capable of displaying it. I would have to upgrade the box for how ever much money, plus however much per month for the HD channels.

August 30, 2012 at 5:21 am | Report abuse |
  5. Klsum

So how about Keith Olberman’s great rantigs Yes the rantigs are great because Last time I looked Obama won in a landslide against Fixed News candidates. Tell us how come Fixed News candidates lost to Obama if their rantigs are so great?Oh I hear Glenn Beck got fired and is in a basement somewhere. Don't believe those rantigs because they are imaginary.

August 27, 2012 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Empigi

I saw Georgia Rules a movie that takes a serious look at how seaxul abuse impacts a girl and a family. First time I have ever seen anything close to a public exposure. Men I think have the most difficult time in terms of being able to talk about it and yet more and more today it's impacts are being seen I cannot remember the Canadian Hockey Players name who has come forward to talk about his abuse by a coach in the NHL but I think there is a turning of the tide coming for all those who sit suffering in silence the truth will set you free. Thank you for sharing Douglas Norman.

August 30, 2012 at 6:10 am | Report abuse |