SaturdaysonCNN INTERNATIONAL630, 1030, 1430 GMT730, 1130, 1530 CET
December 13th, 2011

Afghanistan blast witness shares story

Photographer John Wendle was recording in Kabul the moment a suicide blast happened. He shares his video and experience above.

See the full report from Nick Paton Walsh here:

Afghan President Hamid Karzai visits the wounded:

Filed under: Afghanistan • backstory • Interviews • journalists • photography • Religion
  1. Joao

Lol your challenge is a riot, Vertigo. I don't even make $500 a week take home right now unsels I put in overtime or get a nice commission. Unemployment insurance is not anywhere on my paycheck stub, and my stub is itemized quite diligently. There is a witholding for Federal income tax, state income tax, Social Security tax, Medicare tax, my 401k, health insurance, and dental insurance. Unemployment insurance is nowhere to be found, and you want to know why? Because I don't pay it. My employer does.It's clear you have no clue what you are talking about here, Vertigo especially if you are calling me a neo-con. My argument is that, just like social security tax, unemployment insurance is simply another regressive tax that puts the burden of taxation on those who can ill afford to pay it. It's another way our government subsidizes the rich while screwing the poor. I have no idea how you get your argument out of what I have stated here.

May 12, 2012 at 1:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Jogan

why would political paetris accepting money from Jimmy Lai be a case of corruption? non-sense, completely (or complete?) rubbish 邊條法例說他們犯法 香港現在是沒有政黨法規範這些 你有種你自己告他們吧 我鼓勵你 這些問題 對所有傳媒 包括東方太陽文匯大公 要一視同仁 對所有政黨也是 不要selective!你說得對 我說 如果有問題 是因為目前證據未足 所以我不是想要借此造低CY, 我對他的誠信也有希冀 反正立法會可能繼續查 大家等著瞧 看有沒有什麽新料 關於 明眼人 的comment, 我相信見仁見智 大家心裡有數 是否有 大內高手 助陣餵料 當然 唐唐的回應極其差勁 不停自打嘴巴 那反映了他自身素質低 不能怪記者 關於你對那個是否 solely"字眼的解釋 我接受 不可能 全部 歸咎北京 但是你最後一段我完全不認同 - 你是完全在放屁 我客觀分析人家好文一則 擺明是看到有些有心人(e.g.練乙錚 好心想出力為社會出謀獻策 所以自己也來幫一下口動動腦筋 怎麼可能像你那樣想法 博出位出來whine?! ong居 我大學畢業幾年年薪就已過百萬 每天上班十多個鐘頭 自力更生 只不過碰巧今天有空筆戰一下 - 洗同你條契弟弟whine?!

September 30, 2012 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Yuna

Before it became ilgelal the news would just say the person drove off the road, or maybe fell asleep. Now, they need to let people know the person died while driving and texting. An ilgelal act, but still sad and a waste of life.

July 26, 2012 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Radhamani

As to the main post, it would be very easy to create quesniots to produce results like this. Like implying you mean experience the way Jimi Hendrix apparently did.I agree Gordon. It's a badly worded question because fair' is a loaded word. If they had asked if it was reasonable to ask about experience, I imagine they would have had quite a different outcome.

August 27, 2012 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
      • Txswag

霸權當然不同年代都有 所以社會民眾希望去制衡的主要目標會因時而變 - 七八十年代是英資財團 現在是本地華資地產集團 沒有應不應的問題 只有resist or compete with 它對個體個人來說值不值得的問題 但是 你根本是把話題扯遠了 我comment的中心意思是不希望社會發生大撕裂 比喻用得對 就是像67年時親英抗英陣營惡鬥對香港民眾造成的撕裂 - 當然經濟上的貧富懸殊可以是一常見誘因 但很多其他社會因素加起來也可以是誘因 - 意識形態 宗教 族群 教學語言 身份認同 雙重國籍 政治取向 歷史原因 等等 香港人自己以前很少要親自出面主導處理這些事情 但未來10年要了 因為香港正邁向民主化 同時在也進行真正的解殖化(即是說本土事本土民眾用民主方式決定 並不等同于說國家事要踢走中央的主權 你看看47-53年的緬甸 印度 巴基斯坦社會內部大撕裂 台灣90年代的打打鬥鬥的族群對立 還有星加坡加入了馬來西亞後要含淚退出 還未算智利的後Pinochet爭拗與解體廝殺前夕剛開始搞選舉的南斯拉夫 由威權到民主普選的路途上會湧現出很多潛藏已久一下爆發的社會矛盾暗流 互相連結對立 再加上香港深受自己不能左右的內地與國際因素影響 所以這過程一定要大家用心處理呵護灌水 不可以因一時或維穩或奪權或權宜之計而把這良性演進弄出路軌

October 1, 2012 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
        • Santi

Tim Tebow is a class act. He has passion for faith and ftolbaol and doesn't allow the negative people to influence his actions. I wish him the best in New York and will follow him

October 29, 2012 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  3. Bruno

. Your favorite reosan appeared to be on the net the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people consider worries that they just do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

July 26, 2012 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |