SaturdaysonCNN INTERNATIONAL630, 1030, 1430 GMT730, 1130, 1530 CET
Iraq as the War Ends
December 15th, 2011

Iraq as the War Ends

CNN's Michael Holmes gives us a look, through his camera lens, at some of what he has been working on while in Iraq. The U.S. says it will end the war in Iraq by the end of 2011.

Post by:
Filed under: backstory • Iraq • journalists • photography
  1. samuel obumneke ani

i like cnn for life

December 16, 2011 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |
  2. kirui julius

war in iraq will end with no any foreign military in the country .

December 16, 2011 at 5:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Demii

John, I have that question mylesf. I came back from Iraq with just over 3 million of the new dinar. My concern is what if they come up with another new currency how can we trade what we have in for the new stuff, how can we find out when the grace period is to do this trade? My bank sells dinar and the branch manager claims that if that should happen we should be able to trade what we have for the new stuff BUT we will have to pay the processing and s/h fee's. Just makes me wonder how much we'll lose and who's gaining in this?

May 12, 2012 at 3:41 am | Report abuse |
  3. geoffrey shonget

the coalition should help in rebuilding the country completely,instead of leaving it worse than they found it.

December 16, 2011 at 6:26 am | Report abuse |
  4. Abe Raboroko

I would like to thank CNN for all the coverages on iraqi war until the end. Keep doing what you are doing,to micheal and all the crew who risk their lives for us. Abe Raboroko, South Africa.

December 16, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  5. Dr Isaac ILEVBAOJE

The war actually ended with the hanging of Saddam Hussein-the author of 'Mother of all Wars'

December 18, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Farah

That's one of the most moving Video's I have ever seen Word,Thank You for that.If you have time today drop by my place and watch the Historic Telethon for the Troops spsoonred by Move America Forward and contribute if you can🙂

October 31, 2012 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
  6. hamza musa

It took the U.S gradual process to confuse the world to afflict iraq with war, so as to directly have control of it OIL, so it will have to take same process to end the war for U.S but not iraq.

December 27, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kensy

It is true that this is a gamble but one thing to have in mind is that if for just say you buy some cucernry and it only goes up to lets say five cents you will still recoup and make some money back. I will probably wont throw my life savings at it but you are buying a chance that the value of the iraqi dinar will repeat history.

May 12, 2012 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |