SaturdaysonCNN INTERNATIONAL630, 1030, 1430 GMT730, 1130, 1530 CET
December 24th, 2011

Christmas in Pakistan

CNN's Reza Sayah talks to Pakistani locals about what Christmas means to them.

Filed under: asia • backstory • journalists • Religion
  1. Chahenza kosmas

Wanna hear the pakstan views on x-mass

December 24, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Claudija

Hi Chris We are all SOOOOO etcixed to have you come to speak to us this month. It would have been wonderful to get Noelle and Louis as well, but we feel really blessed that you can come home for a visit. I'm not much of a correspondent (I guess you've noticed), but I love receiving your updates and keeping in touch with you all. Love you and thank God for blessing me with the Jones family!!!Bev

February 24, 2012 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
      • Amr

Love the new site guys! Really easy to navigate and some great eeamplxs of what you do and what you're all about has really captured the essence of Love I think. Keep up the good work! : )

March 24, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Sarah

Marry Christmas to all
    are u intrested to earn on line yes ur for further details visit mayredunya.blog.com and mayredunya.com

December 24, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Herry

Thanks for the tip, Dan. But we don't want to compromise the rienwatar collection system, since that's our only source for water. We're no where near town hook-up. Anyway, I'm sure the price cuts will hit you at some point. Let us know if you notice anything... we also heard concrete is up, but I'm going to bargain shop some more.

March 26, 2012 at 3:39 am | Report abuse |
      • Enrique

What you're not understanding, Vertigo, is that if we eltiinamed the Social Security tax cap, we would be able to actually lower the Social Security tax rate for 95% of the people paying in. I'm not talking piddly, here, either. The top 5% of Americans make 60% of the income. That means that 60% of American income is paying less than 0.5% when it comes to Social Security taxes. Let's say we double that amount, and the effective tax rate goes to 1% collectively for that richest 5%. We would have enough money from that increased taxation to cut the Social Security tax in half for the rest of the people who pay in! That means that if we would have a flat tax in Social Security, we would all be paying less than 2% of our wages instead of the poor people who can ill afford it paying 7.5% with the rich paying less than 1%.I abhor regressive taxation, whether we be talking about sales tax or Social Security tax. I also don't believe that there is a more important burden on society to fulfill than in taking care of our children and our elderly. For the life of me, I can't understand why the burden of taxation to care for the elderly falls on the lower class. If you think that regressive taxation to fund Social Security is the right thing to do, why not just tax everyone regressively and let the funds trickle down? And you were bashing ME for allegedly supporting supply side economics!ps: I never claimed to be a liberal, nor have I claimed to be a conservative. I'm a strict moderate. Liberals call me conservative and conservatives call me liberal. I guess it comes with the territory.

May 9, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
        • Zeynep

In the past, news' was local. You know a small town in the middle of Nebraska maybe would hear about sohmeting that happened 100 miles away, but only if it was big news.' So news was literally in the hands of the people. Now with internet, television, radio, mp3 and ipads, news and information is everywhere and all the time I can write a news story! Well what happens is two-fold. First, there's so much information and so many ways of getting it that outlet A, in order to make money, needs to guzzy up the story a bit to make people buy it. And B) the telephone game goes on. And since it's so easy to publish opinions (like I'm doing now), I can write sohmeting about a story, and the next person can, and the next, and then I can write more of my opinion on my own blog, and the next person and the next and all of a sudden the truth (the actual event or story) gets buried under opinions lots and lots of opinions. If you really wanted to solve this problem, we'd literally have to go back about 100 years, break up the huge metropolises, and get rid of computers and global communication. That's my opinion'.

July 24, 2012 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
      • Hamoody

Posted on It pains me to read this, as well as to re-live the pain I felt. Looks like we were running near each other on the corsue, since I finished at 3:58.51. I agree that its tough to make up for a lack of training, as I got the flu in March and missed two-three weeks of the hardest part of my would-be training. Those 20 miles are what makes the distance doable, no matter how it stacks up. I crashed at mile 21, too, no matter how many Gus I stuffed down my face. Check out my blog for an experiment in under-training.

October 3, 2012 at 5:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Adrian

Posted on It wont help to spend money we dont have to protect jobs that Obama wants to save. There comes a time we have to bite the bulelt and protect the borders even if it is on a volunter basis and with the borders so compromised now we need real bulelts in real guns to stop the infiltration rather than cede land to Mexico because the creep will continue until it hits middle America, if it hasnt already. Our Country should be sovereign and English speaking, undiluted and free from outside influence from the White House.

October 3, 2012 at 5:12 am | Report abuse |
  3. Onukwube Nnamani

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year My fellow brother's and sister's in Christ living in Pakistan.

December 24, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Geisya

Muslim Brotherhood In Our House Vetting Obamaa0a0a0a0 “Please understand that there is a dotiincsitn between Islam as a faith which, along with every other religion, has its own problems, and “Islamism,” which is an ideology, a political ideology, that says that Western Civilization has to be destroyed.”

March 26, 2012 at 5:19 am | Report abuse |
      • Tatiana

I'm currently in a long diatnsce relationship (7 hrs apart) and am finding it increasingly difficult to be patient and content through the dating phase. I was hoping Carissa might have some advice as to how she survived 16 months! Any particular scriptures that helped you to make it through?

May 12, 2012 at 4:06 am | Report abuse |
        • Renami

Johnny Chung Posted on Hi Jeff,I am a student of yours, in the Mastertrader Class in LA march of this year. The vdioes help me fine tune the strategies taught in your class. Thanks!Do you know why some brokers will not trade gold and silver futures after July this year?Johnny

October 1, 2012 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Nael

Posted on Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I prvidoe credit and sources back to your webpage? My blog site is in the very same area of interest as yours and my users would definitely benefit from some of the information you present here. Please let me know if this okay with you. Thanks a lot!

October 29, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Hrishi

I am sorry but. This looks nicely staged. I know there is a want to reduce extremist point of view towards pakistan.. But, staging isnt a good idea.. show the truth.

December 25, 2011 at 6:02 am | Report abuse |
  5. Femi tunde

Merry xmas and happy new year to my brodas and sisters n christ n Pakistan.God bless you all and keep all christìans around the world in His own way.

December 27, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aima

Hi.I just wanted to say this sdnuos like a great job! I would also like to provide a bit of advice to some of the folks who have posted here You are trying to communicate to a future employer what a good, responsible, employee and asset to their business you would be. You would like them to consider you for employment. Please, learn to spell & use proper grammar, capitalize appropriately, and use proper punctuation! It is almost painful to read some of the posts here. You are trying to convince StatCounter that they should hire you to represent them globally, in a customer service position which requires a large amount of communication with their clients, both verbally, via phone, and in written word, via email. I wouldn't hire someone for a position like that when their communications to me the person/s they should be trying to impress with their awesome skills are misspelled, not punctuated, and lack capitalization in the proper places. I'm just saying

March 26, 2012 at 3:38 am | Report abuse |
      • pascal

Hi. I'm reviewing your Just Spring book and weantd to download the examples from o'reilly. Do you have a zipped version of the example directory? At present, they're only offered to be downloaded a file at a time, which is rather painful and time-consuming. Thanks, Ken

May 12, 2012 at 3:59 am | Report abuse |
        • Juanyta

Posted on Let me preface my idea by aptnciiating some of your rebuttals. My system could potentially add a significant number of games to the teams' schedules, and I know there's sort of an unspoken understanding that everything needs to be completed in early January. However, not in this case. School goes from Sept to May, and college football is a big enough money maker that if it lasts longer than the normal football season, so be it. After all, it is free labor

October 3, 2012 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
      • Gullickson

Kareena December 31, 2008 I am preparing for the saseflorce certification exam, and have gone through your blog post. Thank you for taking the time to create this! Are many of the questions in the certification exam case study or scenario based? Or is the emphasis more on definitions and technicalities?

July 24, 2012 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jeffry

Phil and Karen: Hey all's fair in love and politics, you've got to use htewaver means are at your disposal Aphrodite: Congratulations on your nominations, I voted for you guys too!Omani: Thank you, that's a wonderful compliment. I was happy to see the post of yours that I nominated got through to the long list. Have you decided whether you'll be going along yet?Cybez: Well, it's the thought that counts so thanks! Sorry your nomination was a victim of the culling but I have to sympathise with Damien having to make some kind of decision on the overwhelming number of nominations. I stayed up until the wee hours reading the ones that did get through!

March 26, 2012 at 3:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Martha

You are an excellent wretir even if I have thought your writing seems sad sometimes! I am so glad you are honest! The truth will set you free, is true! I love you and I am so blessed to be your Mom!

May 12, 2012 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |