SaturdaysonCNN INTERNATIONAL630, 1030, 1430 GMT730, 1130, 1530 CET
December 30th, 2011

The importance of the Strait of Hormuz

CNN's Tim Lister explains why the Strait of Hormuz is so strategically important and why tensions are rising there.

Filed under: backstory • Iran • Iraq • journalists • U.S.
  1. Moore michael

This is the war the world is waiting to see enough of the Iran brag & boast, does their president think noise makes a nation super power?

December 30, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. hamza musa

Invading iran is like invading iraq.where the reason to invade are propaganda and after invasion iran can never see peace, like other countries they invaded, thus making U.S citizen feel uncomfortable around the world. Its a crime on humanity

January 11, 2012 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Sven

The numbers are sgllhtiy misleading. The article cites the number of raw jobs lost since the beginning of 2008. According to the United States Department of Labor, the article fails to account for the fact that some 600,000 jobs were created in 2008 while about 350,000 jobs have been created thus far in 2009. That's almost a million jobs that need to be subtracted from the 5.1 million number in order to get a true total net jobs lost.The reason why I bring this up is because one of the causes of this recession, though subtle in comparison to the credit bubble, is the shifting of many jobs to more high tech industries. We're going to continue to lose jobs. There is no questioning that. However, the signal that will correlate to the end of this bust period will be in job creation.

May 12, 2012 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  3. Sumiianii

This is perefct Sun Tsu, no one knows anything. Although I no longer think President Bush is the 5th face at Rushmore, he is one cagy dude. The Kommiecrats and the 4th estate have set the stage for him to do anything...

February 24, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ragde

/ Thanks everyone.@K, no it was mtsoly due to this story: @Mark, LOL, yes you've got my era pegged, although I'm more of a Queen's We are the Champions kind of guy, but I wouldn't be holding your breath for that video any time soon.@RM, Thanks a again. Impressive that all the A-List bloggers are reading your site

August 30, 2012 at 6:05 am | Report abuse |
      • Eduardo

I blame the retards who asked qsnetious as snowmen and those trying to be stupid and "creative" with their qsnetious as the reason that Giuliani and Romney are pulling out of the Republican debates...nice job, morons...you gave them an excuse to not have to answer serious qsnetious from the American people! The real reason? They know that Ron Paul would desimate them!

October 3, 2012 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  4. Gabriel

Shia vs Sunni vs Wahabi, Sunni vs Shia, etcIt is pclatoil rangling after how many years? Who gets to sit in Mohammed's seat and run the show, tell everyone else how it is to be done?

February 24, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Hartley Services Cesspit Emptying

Wonderful put up, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector do not realize this. You must proceed your writing. I'm sure, you've a great readers' base already!|What's Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I've discovered It absolutely useful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to give a contribution & help other users like its aided me. Good job.

May 13, 2012 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Javier

steph james April 5, 2011 I love, love, love the fresh chicken and duck eggs from Garden Girl Farms! Lately I've been using them in my baikng and my recent lemon chiffon and lemon cream cake came out absolutely fabulous .it's all about the ingredients! Thanks Cassie for introducing me to your amazing eggs!

October 3, 2012 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |