SaturdaysonCNN INTERNATIONAL630, 1030, 1430 GMT730, 1130, 1530 CET
April 6th, 2012

Memories of reporting on the siege of Sarajevo

Journalists gather in the city of Sarajevo 20 years after the start of the war. Nic Robertson takes us to some places that have stuck with him through the years.

CNN Photographer Dave Rust is a history buff and a collector. He preserved some items of significance from his time in Bosnia during the war. He came on Back|Story with Nic Robertson to share.

Filed under: backstory • Europe • journalists
  1. Me

Thank you Europe thank you world this is your act because you have allowed this to happen 11.541 killed with 1.500 children under 16. Thank you, but no :(

April 6, 2012 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Esmee

Posted on Great post Sam.First step is to drop the Best Integrated Campaign' category from adiitrvseng awards ceremonies. Not a great example of integration as a verb' to young planners out there.

September 30, 2012 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Kishor

A walk in the woods ..About a month ago, I went out into the back trails with Snuff and had the most rexailng, enjoyable and ahhh ha ride yet, which has continued I'm glad to say! Backing up a moment .I have observed, well experienced, that if you are open to learning, Kristin shares so much of herself, her knowledge, and relationships with horses that you become saturated with information in the best possible sense. I must have looked like deer in headlights more times than I can count, but that is the beauty of sharing time with some one who clearly works in her element- she gets it! Over the spring, I think that my brain became full to the point of needing to put the pieces together .back to the walk . and it was in this moment, walking through the dappled light, with smells of the forest saturating our nostrils, and a horse sense' awareness that simply transcends at some point that the concept' of being present slipped out of concept and into relationship. And there we were not over-thinking and over-anticipating, but just present, checking -in, looking around, enjoying the experience, right there and right there and right there. I'm here, your here, here we are how nice this is:)

May 12, 2012 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Bosztiicoii

In Response To Hilary Heglund24.6.253.64 Submitted on 2011/01/29 at 9:26 pmToday I had my first lesson with Kristin.My Hope for my Horse going in was silpme. I wanted to have a horse I could safely care for.Thunder,my horse well he went from a sweet little colt to a smart playful,mischievous,and at times a Dangerous mix of, trained Horse and lets say a Golden retriever.. After watching Thunder and Kristin for a bit,I realized my horse really wasn’t the one who needed training. He did what he was asked, with Kristin holding the end of the rope. It was one of those moments. A mix of feelings, glad Thunder was with some work a trainable horse, defensive for a moment,as I have never seen Thunder respond to anyone but me much like I have felt at times with my own children.Then clarity.I have to let Go, to let In…I need to learn a new way,by no means the worst thing that has or will ever happen in my life,So with a Help from Trainers and Teachers, like Kristin,along with a open mindI have Hope maybe someday Thunder and I will find our way……Hilary

June 18, 2012 at 5:00 am | Report abuse |
      • Hendric

Well I'm 18 and I've been attracted to every race but my own lol black. my first boriyfend was caucasian and my recent boriyfend is. i love him and there's a stronger bond that comes from being from different backgrounds. You beat all the criticism and odds that say you'll never make it.

July 26, 2012 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
        • Marina

No, the sun is getting hotetr. That would heat things up a bit right? There is no evidence that our carbon footprint on the earth is affecting the globe. Al Bore is an idiot. The only reason they want us to buy into the idea of global warming is so that they can start a global, yes global carbon tax. The powers that be are already talking about it.

August 27, 2012 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
          • Mohamed

Posted on Having just spent a year taking care of my slwoly dying father, seeing Hereafter really affected me, because it deals with the connection of the dead and dying to the living. Like the french journalist in the film, I discovered that no one wants to acknowledge the altered state in which you find yourself after you have been intimate with dying (not quite the same as being intimate with death). Remember in one of the Harry Potter books that the children always arrive at Hogwarts pulled by horseless carriagesor so Harry thinks? After he experiences first hand the death of a friend, he can see that the carriages are in fact pulled by beautiful black horses, and realizes that only people that have seen death first hand can see the horses. (I think its black horsesit might be black dragons). Anyway, the point is that I felt very grateful to Clint for addressing this hugely significant aspect of livingknowing dyingAND addressing the fact that our culture wants to keep the experience as sterile as possible. Made me go on a mini Clint Eastwood jag, re-watching Gran Torrino and everything except the Dirty Harrys (yuck).

October 3, 2012 at 5:05 am | Report abuse |
      • Marycielo

skylarportland on February 11, 2010 Exactly. Even if you go through consemur credit counseling, your credit is still harmed almost as bad ( consemur credit is just a baby step up from bankruptcy ), BUT you're having to pay a couple hundred $ usually, every month, and that mark still stays on your credit, which harms if you should need to finance a vehicle, home, etc. Loans tend to use your debt/income ratio now, so filing bankruptcy loosens this ratio up, thereby increasing your loan options if you chose to.

August 28, 2012 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
  3. Qara

So excited he jpmued for joy. Literally, jpmued around screaming We're getting married and my leg feels great. He then picked her up to demonstrate how he would carry her across the threshold and how he had no problem putting weight on his leg.

July 26, 2012 at 5:40 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jaryd

You talk of better metidacion than oxycotine,what are they. I am taking 10 mg oxycone 3 to 4 times a day for pain and no one will hire me. Is there a metidacion for irrepairable rotator cuffs that isn't narcotic that can stop the pain without the stigma of being a dope attic? I don't want to be high even though it doesn't give me a buzz, I WANT TO WORK!

July 26, 2012 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  5. investments

Thanks for the good writeup. It in fact used to be a enjoyment account it. Look complex to more brought agreeable from you! However, how can we communicate?

September 16, 2012 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |